Can CBD Oil Relieve Joint Pain?
Joint pain affects 93% of French people* during their life, it can harm the quality of life, in fact, pain can impair sleep, prevent the practice of leisure activities, or impact professional life and family life.
What are the causes of joint pain?
Joint pain can have multiple origins. They are most often due to osteoarthritis , caused by age-related wear and tear of cartilage. The patients most affected by osteoarthritis are the elderly, those who are overweight, athletes who regularly use their joints, as well as postmenopausal women.
Pain can also come from arthritis , which is an acute or chronic inflammatory condition of one or more joints. Although arthritis can affect people of all ages and backgrounds, the risk increases with aging.
Aside from arthritis and osteoarthritis, joint pain can also be caused by inflammatory disorders (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, etc.), trauma to the joint, inflammation of tendons or ligaments, hereditary factors, or an illness like the flu or gout .
Whatever the cause of joint pain, the symptoms experienced are similar. These are, for example, stiffness and swelling in the affected joint, weakness or difficulty in moving and making movements.
How to relieve joint pain quickly?
Fortunately, there are some solutions to prevent and soothe joint pain:
- Do an aquatic activity: for all people who suffer from joint pain, osteoarthritis or arthritis, swimming is an ideal sport, gentle and suitable for relieving joints, muscles and bones. Buoyancy helps in particular to limit the pressure on the joints, which then become lighter and less painful. In addition, thanks to this sport, pain is reduced and the joints maintain their mobility. Obviously, in the event of an acute attack and severe joint pain, it is best not to swim and to rest.
- Carry out massages: when you suffer from inflammation or joint pain, doing massages is an effective gesture that helps relax the joints and keeps them supple and healthy. Massages are also beneficial for reducing swelling and pain from osteoarthritis, improving joint mobility, and calming tension and stress . Massage can therefore have an immediate soothing effect on pain.
- Do exercises: Performing a few exercises regularly can help relieve joint pain and strengthen joints. In fact, they help protect joints by strengthening the muscles around them. In addition, they help lubricate and maintain the joints by promoting the production of synovial fluid in the cartilage. These exercises must be prescribed by a doctor or health professional so as not to aggravate painful joints and therefore have a counterproductive effect.
- Take care of your diet: to prevent joint pain and all the different forms of osteoarthritis, certain foods should be favored. Particularly foods rich in anti-oxidants (carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin E) such as carrots, tomatoes, dried fruits (goji berry, cranberries, prunes) and oilseed fruits (pecans, almonds, hazelnuts). These help neutralize free radicals emitted during inflammatory reactions. In addition, it is strongly recommended to integrate turmeric into your daily diet. It is a spice recognized as a powerful anti-oxidant which helps to calm inflammation of the digestive system but also of the joints. Be careful, however, it is not recommended to consume turmeric if you are on anticoagulant treatment because it thins the blood.
- Some people consume CBD: CBD, a molecule that comes from the hemp plant (or cannabis sativa), is increasingly consumed for joint comfort. A scientific study published in 2015 highlights the potential benefits of CBD on joints. CBD has a direct action on the endocannabinoid system, and more particularly on receptors linked to anxiety and pain. Please note, at this stage there is no recognized study highlighting the link between taking CBD and reducing pain. It should not be confused with THC, the psychotropic molecule of cannabis, CBD does not modify the state of consciousness and does not cause side effects or addiction. CBD can be consumed in several different forms: oils, infusions, gummies, chewing gum, candies, honey or even CBD chocolate . Although consumed by more and more people, CBD does not currently have any claims on pain and therefore cannot be sold highlighting this beneficial effect.
What is organic CBD oil?
Organic CBD oil is a mixture of organic vegetable oil and CBD extracted from organic hemp. The product comes in the form of a small vial fitted with a dropper.
Only a few drops of oil are enough to relieve everyday ailments such as stress, sleep problems, poor management of emotions or even muscle and joint comfort.
To feel the effects quickly, the oil drops should be placed under the tongue because it is a place rich in blood capillaries, which explains why this method of administration has a faster action. If the bitter taste of CBD is disturbing, the oil drops can also be put in drinks and dishes but the effectiveness will be impaired.
Organic CBD Sport and Repair oil from Délicure
Specially designed for muscular and joint comfort, Délicure has imagined a 100% natural organic CBD oil , guaranteed THC-free and Made in France composed of organic sweet almond oil, broad-spectrum CBD and noble laurel.
What does CBD pain oil contain?
This product is based on organic sweet almond oil, which sets it apart from other CBD oils on sale on the French market designed from coconut oil with a catastrophic carbon footprint.
In addition to containing premium CBD, from French hemp, this CBD oil contains noble laurel. It is a plant with analgesic properties, commonly consumed for muscle and joint comfort. The combination of CBD, noble laurel and peppermint makes our CBD oil a very effective natural product for increasing muscle and joint comfort.
How to use CBD Sport and Repair oil?
This product can be consumed at any time of the day when you feel pain, by placing a few drops of oil under the tongue for rapid effects.
What dosage of CBD Sport and Repair oil to choose?
The dosage depends on the effects sought by each consumer. We recommend that you start with four to five drops of oil, once or twice a day, then increase the quantity little by little until the desired effects are obtained. However, we recommend that you do not exceed 50mg of CBD per day. Délicure provides you with a dosage calculator that will allow you to determine the quantity of CBD oil to consume based on your weight.
What are the contraindications of CBD oil for pain?
CBD pain oil is a product intended for adults and therefore prohibited for minors. We invite pregnant or breastfeeding women, and people taking medical treatment to seek the advice of their doctor before consuming CBD products.
Délicure’s organic CBD oils
Délicure also markets other organic CBD oils which each act on a specific area of well-being: stress, anxiety, sleep and painful periods.
These are products guaranteed THC-free and made in France with organic vegetable oils (sweet almond oil and avocado oil), essential oils with therapeutic properties, as well as high-quality phyto cannabinoids, from French hemp.
If you suffer from very intense joint pain that becomes unbearable, it is obviously recommended to consult a doctor who will prescribe appropriate medical treatment.
* According to a survey launched for Inserm and the organization “Together Against Rheumatism”, more than 93% of people questioned in France said they had already suffered from joint pain during their life.