Natural remedies for joint pain
However, this joint pain can appear at any age and have different causes.
What are the causes of joint pain?
Most often, joint pain is caused by osteoarthritis (wear and tear of the cartilage). Elderly people, overweight people, or athletes who have intensively used their joints are most affected by this type of pain.
Arthritis is also an inflammation or infection of a joint. It can be acute or chronic, we then mention certain pathologies such as rheumatoid arthritis or other chronic rheumatism .
Joint pain can also appear following an accident, trauma, inflammation of the tendons (tendinitis) or ligaments, or even another illness such as the flu, gout or Chikungunya.
What are the symptoms of joint pain?
The symptoms experienced depend on the origin of the joint pain. Indeed, joint pain can occur alone, be accompanied by muscle pain during movements, or, in severe cases, by a limitation of mobility.
The symptoms of joint pain are more intense in the morning upon waking up, and can cause morning stiffness. This pain can be diffuse, recurrent or temporary, associated with a pathology or occur chronically.
Generally speaking, joint pain manifests itself as swelling or redness. When the pain is intense, recurrent, or accompanied by fatigue and/or fever, it warrants emergency medical consultation.
Osteoarthritis, for example, manifests itself differently from one individual to another, however, the main symptoms are joint pain, muscle aches, morning stiffness, reduced range of movement or swelling in the area. joint or joints.
It is obviously recommended to consult a doctor in the event of joint pain to determine the cause, but it is entirely possible to calm it down with natural health remedies which can complement or support medical treatment.
Natural remedies to relieve joint pain
✅ Relieve joint pain
✅ Recover after sports
✅ Relieve muscle pain
There are some natural remedies, without side effects or health hazards; which help relieve joint pain:
- Drink ginger herbal tea: ginger is one of the best natural anti-inflammatories that helps reduce joint pain, particularly pain and inflammation related to arthritis. To consume it in the form of an infusion, you must boil a few slices of ginger in water for around fifteen minutes. It is recommended to drink four cups of ginger tea per day.
- Consume turmeric: like ginger, turmeric is also an excellent anti-inflammatory against joint pain (including osteoarthritis for example), particularly stiffness and functional discomfort. This spice can be consumed in the form of powder to include in food, or capsules to swallow.
It is advisable to seek the advice of a doctor before use in pregnant women and children.
- Apply green or red clay to the painful area: clay has analgesic and relaxing properties which help relieve inflammation problems. It is applied, in the form of a paste, to the painful area for two or three hours. To obtain this clay paste, simply mix lukewarm water with green or red clay.
Be careful, however, this natural remedy cannot be used in pregnant women and children.
- Use lemon eucalyptus essential oil: lemon eucaplyptus essential oil has an anti-inflammatory action which helps relieve joint discomfort. It is used as a massage on the painful joint, four drops of oil are enough.
This essential oil cannot be used by pregnant women or children under 12 years old.
- Drink meadowsweet herbal tea: meadowsweet is one of the plants known for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory potential. This natural remedy is very popular in cases of rheumatism and joint pain. In order to consume it in the form of herbal tea, as with ginger, you must boil a few leaves in water.
It should not be consumed by pregnant women, people allergic to aspirin and children.
- Take a baking soda bath: baking soda has the effect of relaxing and reducing inflammation. To soothe joint pain, it is advisable to pour 4 tablespoons into bath water, immerse yourself in it and stay for about thirty minutes. To best appreciate its benefits and its pain-relieving effect, this treatment should not be rinsed off after going out.
Because of its high sodium content, it should be avoided by people with hypertension. Then, It is not recommended for pregnant women and children under 5 years old.
- Take CBD (cannabidiol): CBD is a molecule extracted from hemp (also called “Cannabis”). It is a true natural remedy, in fact, it has anti-inflammatory and anxiolytic properties. It would act as a painkiller, without getting you high because it does not cause a psychoactive effect (unlike THC).
Considered to be a true health and well-being ally by its consumers, CBD is effective in relieving joint and muscle pain. Be careful, however, the pain-relieving claims of CBD are not authorized in France, so we cannot affirm that CBD is a natural pain reliever.
Délicure offers a range of products enriched with CBD: CBD gummies , candies as well as an organic CBD oil for pain , containing noble laurel (a plant with anti-inflammatory effects) and specially designed to calm all types of pain. This oil is ideal for relieving muscles and joints. These products are vegan, natural and made in France. In addition to helping to relieve joint and muscle pain, they offer many benefits, including helping the body relax, combating emotional stress and benefiting from better quality sleep .