Natural remedies for menopause symptoms
Menopause is a period in a woman's life marked by the cessation of menstruation. This phenomenon is completely natural and generally occurs around the age of 50. In Western Europe, the average age of menopause is around 52 years.
During menopause, estrogen levels gradually decrease. These are hormones that participate in ovulation and ensure the smooth running of the menstrual cycle in women. Their decline can be manifested by numerous symptoms, which, for some women, are difficult to live with on a daily basis.
Symptoms of menopause
Hot flashes and night sweats are the main symptoms of menopause. These are called “vasomotor symptoms” (variations in blood circulation). Hot flashes and night sweats are caused by a rapid increase in body temperature, and can last a few minutes and occur several times a day.
Other symptoms may accompany hot flashes, such as irritability, mood swings, general fatigue, vaginal dryness, headaches, sleep problems, urinary weakness, weight gain or even muscle or joint pain.
These symptoms of menopause can vary from woman to woman. If they become unbearable and seriously affect the quality of life, it is strongly recommended to go to the doctor for adequate medical treatment.
You should know that after the menopause period, women can be affected by more serious pathologies. Indeed, postmenopausal women are at greater risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, genitourinary disorders, being overweight, osteoporosis or breast cancer.
According to INSERM ( National Institute of Health and Medical Research), 20 to 25% of women suffering from menopause declare that the symptoms experienced have a considerable impact on their quality of life.
5 natural remedies to alleviate menopause symptoms
Even though going through menopause is inevitable for all women, some natural remedies can help alleviate the problems and symptoms associated with this period:
- Do meditation: menopause can represent, for some women, a period of more or less intense stress. To find serenity and better experience this period, meditation is highly recommended. It is a mental practice which consists of focusing your attention on the present moment, while becoming aware of your thoughts and sensations, without judging them. During meditation, it is strongly recommended to work on your breathing. To be comfortable, it is advisable to wear comfortable clothing and sit cross-legged. You must start by inhaling for three seconds through your nose, inflating your stomach like a balloon, holding the air for three seconds, then exhaling slowly through your mouth for six seconds, letting your stomach deflate gradually. This exercise can be repeated several times until you feel the benefits. Meditating and breathing in this way helps channel emotions, calm stress, reduce irritability and thus improve mental health.
- Review your diet: during menopause, diet has its role to play. To stay in shape, it is important to drink enough water and eat a healthy, balanced diet. In addition, it is advisable to favor certain foods. Soy, for example, is rich in phytoestrogens and can prevent hot flashes. In addition, omega 3 found in fatty and lean fish can improve the quality of life of women going through menopause by reducing mood disorders and hot flashes. Finally, sources of calcium and vitamin D such as dairy products are also preferred because they help prevent osteoporosis. It is a disease that affects 1 in 3 women after menopause. Sufficient intake of calcium and vitamin D strengthens bones and prevents joint pain. Spicy foods, fried and fatty dishes, smoking and alcohol consumption should be avoided because they can worsen the symptoms and problems of menopause.
- Exercise: regular physical activity during menopause is essential to limit weight gain, maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, and preserve a woman's muscle mass and bone structure. . In addition to this, moving helps calm hot flashes, reduce stress, combat anxiety disorders and promote better quality sleep. Stepping and running, for example, are two activities to favor because they limit the reduction in bone mass. Swimming is the ideal sport for exercising and strengthening the muscles, in addition, it helps to improve breathing. Yoga maintains flexibility, improves concentration and promotes relaxation.
- Drink herbal infusions: to naturally fight against menopausal disorders, plants are essential allies for women. To be consumed as an infusion, sage, hawthorn, yarrow, lemon balm and ginseng are plants that help calm hot flashes, palpitations, irritability and insomnia. Sage is particularly the ideal plant to better experience the menopause period. Indeed, sage helps regulate body temperature and thus limit excessive sweating and hot flashes. Sage and other plants can also be consumed as food supplements, in the form of capsules, tablets, ampoules, or even gummies. Natural food supplements, based on plants, have the advantage of not causing side effects. Food supplements therefore have no health risk.
- Consume CBD: thanks to its potential therapeutic properties, CBD can help naturally relieve the symptoms of menopause. The latter has a direct action on the endocannabinoid system. A study published in 2019 found that the endocannabinoid system exerts influence on a woman's reproductive tissues and processes, regulating body temperature, pain, mood, immune function and sleep.
CBD: a natural well-being ally
Cannabidiol is a molecule with potential therapeutic properties that comes from the hemp plant. Better known by the abbreviation “CBD”, it is part of the large cannabinoid family just like THC. Unlike the latter, CBD is not considered dangerous for health because it does not cause any psychotropic effects or dependence.
Today, CBD is used by 6 million French consumers to naturally treat everyday ailments such as emotional stress , sleep disorders or any type of pain (muscle, joint, headaches, etc.).
There are many CBD-based products: oils, infusions, capsules, gummies, e-liquids, candies, chocolates and even cosmetic products.
Organic CBD oil: an effective product to calm the symptoms of menopause
Organic CBD oil is a mixture of organic vegetable oil and cannabidiol (CBD), from organic hemp. This is one of the easiest to use and most popular CBD products.
To quickly calm hot flashes, simply place a few drops under the tongue and wait 60 seconds before ingesting them. The mouth area is abundant in blood vessels, which allows for rapid diffusion of CBD into the bloodstream to reach the receptors of the endocannabinoid system. However, if the bitter taste of CBD is bothersome, it is possible to add these drops of oil to drinks or foods.
In France, organic CBD oil can be purchased in pharmacies and specialized stores (called CBD shops). In order to comply with CBD regulations, organic CBD oil must contain no more than 0.2% THC.
Organic CBD oil from Délicure to relieve female disorders
Délicure imagined and manufactured the very first organic CBD oil Period Care to relieve female ailments including menstrual pain, female cycle disorders, and menopause symptoms.
It is an organic full spectrum CBD oil designed in France with organic sweet almond oil and high quality CBD, sourced from organic French hemp. In accordance with CBD legislation, this organic CBD oil contains less than 0.2% THC.
To offer a highly effective product, Délicure has chosen to combine the benefits of CBD with two essential oils known for their therapeutic virtues. These are peppermint essential oil, known as a powerful painkiller, and clary sage essential oil, women's best ally in cases of female problems (sore breasts, dysmenorrhea, heavy periods, hormonal imbalances). …). The combination of CBD and these two essential oils is ideal for naturally and effectively combating the symptoms of menopause.
Organic CBD oil is therefore the ideal product to reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flashes, relieve nervous tension, limit mood swings, or simply promote female comfort during menopause.
Women under medication or who are at risk of allergies are advised to consult the advice of a doctor or health professional before consuming organic CBD oil during menopause.