How to use organic CBD oil to relieve period pain?
Every month, nearly one in two women suffer from painful periods or menstrual cycle disorders*. More or less intense, the pain felt is often benign. However, they can impact quality of life, or be a sign of a health problem.
There are several natural solutions to relieve painful periods and their discomfort, including CBD (cannabidiol), a natural molecule extracted from hemp. With potential therapeutic properties, CBD could reduce stress, regulate emotions, soothe cramps, calm pain or even relieve inflammation.
There are several forms of cannabidiol consumption, to choose according to personal preferences. These are, for example, oils, infusions, lozenges, gummies or even CBD chocolate.
We will see in this article how organic CBD oil is a natural, effective product that offers the fastest effects to relieve menstrual pain.
What is organic CBD oil?
Organic CBD oil is a natural product based on a vegetable oil of organic origin, and which contains CBD extracted from organic hemp. It causes no dependence and no side effects unlike THC, the psychotropic molecule of cannabis.
Consumption of CBD oil offers a general feeling of well-being. In particular, it helps reduce stress, improve sleep, calm pain or simply promote relaxation.
Organic CBD oils are sold in specialized stores and pharmacies .
Is CBD effective in relieving menstrual pain?
CBD could help relieve female ailments, notably by playing a catalytic role. By acting directly on the nervous system to reduce the impact of pain, cannabidiol sends the message not to take pain stimuli into consideration.
Additionally, CBD acts on the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system. According to a study , receptors are found in the cells of the uterus, which means that the pain-relieving properties cannabidiol could instantly relieve painful periods.
How to use organic CBD oil?
Organic CBD oil is one of the forms of CBD consumption most appreciated by its consumers because it provides the fastest effects.
There is no ideal time of day to use CBD oil . For example, it can be consumed a few minutes before starting a stressful work day, or taken in the evening before going to bed to help you fall asleep quickly.
When you want to relax or relieve pain quickly, simply put a few drops of oil under the tongue. The product passes directly into the bloodstream through the mucous membranes, the effect of the CBD is then felt very quickly.
For some consumers, the bitterness of CBD can be bothersome. The drops of oil can then be placed on food, in a drink or in a dish.
Organic CBD oil from Délicure to relieve period pain
Délicure has specially designed a CBD oil to counter female ailments, particularly menstrual pain and symptoms due to premenopause.
“Period Care” CBD oil is a CBD oil designed in France with high quality CBD, from organic French hemp, and contains less than 0.2% THC in accordance with CBD legislation.
What is organic CBD oil for painful periods made of?
Délicure's organic CBD oil for painful periods is based on organic sweet almond oil. It is an excellent quality product that stands out from other classic CBD oils which, for their part, often have refined coconut oil as their base.
In addition, this CBD oil contains two essential oils known for their beneficial effects on health. On the one hand, clary sage essential oil has the particularity of effectively countering hormonal imbalances (menstrual cycle disorders, dysmenorrhea, breast pain, bleeding periods, etc.). On the other hand, peppermint essential oil is recognized as a natural “painkiller”, so it can be very useful in reducing period pain.
How to use organic CBD oil for painful periods?
Just a few drops of CBD oil are enough to soothe period pain but also all the discomforts of premenopause (hot flashes, sleep disturbances and night sweats, headaches, muscle pain, etc.).
To feel the beneficial effects quickly, the most effective way to use CBD oil is to place the drops under the tongue, then wait 60 seconds before ingesting them.
The drops can also be put in a drink (tea, infusion, fruit juice, etc.) or in a dish to reduce the bitter taste of cannabidiol.
Organic CBD oil for painful periods, what dosage to choose?
Initially, we recommend consuming 4 to 5 drops of oil, 1 to 2 times a day and gradually increasing the quantity consumed until the desired effects are obtained. However, we recommend that you do not exceed one pipette of oil every 4 to 6 hours.
CBD oil can be used at any time of the day to soothe menstrual pain and cramps.
Délicure’s organic CBD oils
In addition to its CBD oil specially targeted for painful periods, Délicure also offers three other organic CBD oils guaranteed THC-free, made in France and based on premium cannabidiol, from French hemp. Each has a different field of well-being action: stress, sleep and pain/inflammation.
These CBD oils also support vegetable oils (sweet almond oil and avocado oil), contain essential oils as well as other phyto cannabinoids with soothing effects (CBN and CBG).
These products are reserved for adults. We advise pregnant or breastfeeding women and people taking medication to consult their doctor before consumption.
Other than organic CBD oil, there are also other natural solutions to combat female ailments.
5 Tips to Relieve Period Pain
Here are 5 tips to follow for all women who suffer from painful periods:
- Take a hot bath: Taking a hot bath can be effective in relieving menstrual pain. In fact, the heat of the water helps relax the muscles and therefore soothe abdominal cramps. It is advisable to fill the bathtub with hot water and lie in it for around thirty minutes. If desired, it is possible to add a few drops of essential oils to the water. Lavender essential oil and chamomile essential oil are particularly known for their relaxing effects.
- Put a hot water bottle or heating pad on your stomach: as mentioned previously, heat can help relax the muscles of the lower abdomen, thus reducing period pain. The blood vessels dilate, which promotes blood circulation and reduces uterine contractions. Placing a hot water bottle or heating pad on the painful area therefore provides an immediate soothing effect.
- Do a gentle massage of the stomach: this is a recognized way to relieve dysmenorrhea. It can be done directly on the painful area, at the level of the lower abdomen, using gentle movements in a clockwise direction.
- Get moving and get some fresh air: walking for a few minutes and getting some fresh air helps to better oxygenate the nervous system, thus improving mood and relieving stress, which can sometimes intensify menstrual cramps. Walking helps activate circulation in the lower abdomen and therefore reduces pain.
- Take care of your diet: during your period, it is important to take care of your diet. The diet should preferably be low in salt and rich in complex carbohydrates such as cereals, fruits and vegetables. Spicy/fried foods and dairy products should be consumed in moderation. It is also advisable to favor a diet rich in magnesium. This mineral provides many health benefits and plays an important role in relieving muscle cramps; so it can help relieve menstrual cramps. Magnesium is found in high quantities in certain foods such as bananas, dates, corn, oatmeal and soy. Finally, it is obviously recommended to drink plenty of water and herbal teas with relaxing properties (alchemilla, yarrow, chamomile, lemon balm, etc.) to promote relaxation.
If period pain is unbearable and seriously affects your quality of life, it is obviously a good idea to refer a doctor quickly to find adequate treatment.