How to prevent sleep paralysis?
Sleep paralysis is a common sleep disorder related to parasomnia. It can make a person temporarily unable to move from their bed and can be frightening, especially when hallucinations are associated with it.
What are the symptoms of sleep paralysis?
Sleep paralysis is an impressive sleep disorder. In the middle of sleep, a person with sleep paralysis wakes up but is unable to move their body. This is a disconnect between the brain and the muscles. Fortunately, this phenomenon only lasts a few seconds, or even a few minutes depending on the case.
Typically, this sleep disorder occurs during the REM sleep phase , a 90-minute cycle that occurs after falling asleep and the slow-wave sleep phase.
Sleep paralysis manifests itself when the person is in REM sleep and is preparing to wake up. However, this disorder can also occur shortly after falling asleep, before waking up to sleep.
The person suffering from this sleep disorder may feel a feeling of suffocation and perceive visual and auditory hallucinations. However, she breathes normally and is aware of the environment, for example she can observe her bed or hear noises.
What causes sleep paralysis?
Sleep paralysis is a sleep disorder that can affect anyone. A person already suffering from sleep disorders (insomnia, sleep apnea, hypersomnia, etc.) is not necessarily more exposed than others.
Sleep paralysis can have various causes. Most of the time, this disorder is caused by insomnia, lying on your back, stress , overwork or a change in lifestyle.
Although this sleep disorder is benign, if it becomes recurrent and is accompanied by strong hallucinations, it is recommended to discuss your condition with a doctor and determine the underlying causes.
How to prevent sleep paralysis?
Sleep paralysis is an experience that can traumatize the affected person. Indeed, she finds herself frozen in bed, between sleep and wakefulness, her muscles no longer seem to respond. This person thus feels trapped in their body.
To prevent and limit the appearance of this parasomnia, here are some tips:
- Have an environment conducive to sleep: to limit sleep disorders, it is important to create an environment conducive to sleep. The bedroom should be calm, dark and cool. It is therefore advisable to keep all sources of light and noise away to avoid nocturnal awakenings, particularly during the paradoxical sleep phase. In addition, bedding has its role to play, a comfortable bed that suits your own needs promotes restful sleep. It is therefore important to choose a good mattress, a good pillow, and a duvet adapted to the season. A duvet that is too warm, for example, increases body temperature and makes it difficult to fall asleep and wake up during the night.
- Change position in bed: As mentioned earlier, one of the causes of sleep paralysis is lying on your back. It is therefore preferable to sleep on your side to prevent this phenomenon.
- Relax before bed: Before going to bed, it is advisable to do a relaxation activity to prepare the mind and body for sleep. Indeed, reading a book, listening to music, taking a hot bath or even working on your breathing helps reduce stress and facilitate relaxation . In addition, it is recommended to have massages and do light stretching to relax the muscles and reduce tension in the body. These can be done while lying in bed.
- Avoid consuming stimulants: in the evening, it is not recommended to consume stimulants such as coffee, tea, alcohol, energy drinks or sodas because they can disrupt sleep. It is better to replace them with relaxing herbal infusions, to drink 1 hour or 30 minutes before falling asleep.
- Take natural food supplements for sleep: there are a large number of natural food supplements intended to help you get restful sleep. They are very often composed of plants with relaxing properties to relax the body and mind, and melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep cycles. These products are used to prevent and naturally treat sleep disorders. Additionally, they help relieve emotional stress and facilitate a state of relaxation.
Délicure Sleep gummies
Délicure offers a food supplement to improve sleep, in the form of apple-flavored gummies . This product is natural, vegan, gluten-free and designed in France with high quality ingredients.
This product is intended for anyone who suffers from sleep disorders: difficulty falling asleep, insomnia, waking up during the night or even sleep paralysis.
Formulation of Sleep gummies
Délicure Sommeil gummies are made from three plants: passionflower, linden and poppy. These have soothing properties that help reduce stress and promote a state of relaxation.
Additionally, they contain melatonin, a hormone naturally produced by the brain. It intervenes in the natural sleep cycle and is often used to treat sleep disorders. Melatonin helps you fall asleep faster and prevents you from waking up during the night.
Finally, the sleep gummies contain vitamins B5 and B6, specially chosen to promote the transformation of tryptophan into serotonin (happiness hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone). These two hormones contribute to healthy, better quality sleep.
100% natural, this food supplement does not cause side effects and presents no danger to health. It can be of great help in preventing the phenomenon of sleep paralysis.
Tips for using Sleep gummies
To benefit from their benefits, it is recommended to take two gummies 30 minutes before going to bed, in order to relax the body and prepare it for sleep.
To guarantee their effectiveness, these gummies must be consumed as part of a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet.
Contraindications of Sleep gummies
Pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and people under medical treatment are recommended to consult the advice of a doctor or health professional before consumption.