How to strengthen nails and hair?
Hair and nails say a lot about overall health, genetics but also lifestyle. In addition to playing an aesthetic role, they have a protective function against external aggression; so it is important to take care of it.
Weak nails, excessive hair loss, the time has come to act. Hair and nails can be weakened during a change of season, an intense period of stress, pregnancy, an unbalanced diet or even low morale.
Before treating damaged hair and brittle nails, it is important to know their main component, keratin.
Keratin, the main constituent of nails and hair
What is keratin?
Keratin is a protein that is naturally present in the human body. It makes up the vast majority of hair, nails, body hair and even the epidermis.
What are the beneficial effects of keratin?
This protein is a real beauty ally for having long, strong and healthy hair and nails:
- On the hair: keratin is a precious ally in preserving the beauty and health of the hair. It has the virtue of sealing the scales of the hair, when it is damaged, and giving it a smooth and shiny appearance, thus avoiding split ends.
In addition, this protein preserves the hydration of the hair, in fact, it prevents the water found inside the hair fiber from escaping. The hair therefore preserves its moisture and is less dried out.
Finally, keratin provides elasticity and strength to the hair, which considerably limits breakage.
- On the nails: keratin is also beneficial for the beauty of the nails . It helps accelerate their growth rate and forms a protective plate, more or less important, to protect the nails from external aggressions. This protein helps treat brittle or splitting nails and keeps them healthy.
How to follow a keratin treatment? `
Keratin can be consumed in the form of capsules, and should be preferred in its natural form to fully benefit from its benefits on hair and nails.
A keratin treatment is beneficial for strengthening hair and nails on an occasional basis. However, we must not forget that fragile nails and damaged hair can be the consequence of poor eating habits, lack of maintenance, poor overall lifestyle (alcohol, tobacco, etc.) or even deficiencies. dietary vitamins and trace elements.
In these specific cases, keratin alone is not enough. It must be combined with a balanced diet, including sufficient protein and zinc intake, but also with treatments to beautify and restore vitality to hair and nails.
How to strengthen your hair and nails?
To quickly restore health and beauty to hair and nails, beauty food supplements and natural care are the best remedies.
Carry out natural treatments
Firstly, natural care represents one of the best solutions for repairing and nourishing damaged hair and nails from the outside. It is therefore important to integrate them into a beauty routine.
To create a natural strengthening treatment for hair and nails, the best ingredients are:
- The “organic” egg: Rich in vitamin D and vitamin E, the egg used in care is very useful for strengthening hair and nails. To do this, simply beat it and apply it to all of the hair for 15 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold or lukewarm water. For the nails, leave them with a bowl of beaten egg.
It is advisable to choose an “organic” egg because it contains better fatty acids than conventional eggs. These penetrate the hair fiber to provide it with all the lipids necessary for its fortification and protection.
- “Organic” honey: As a mask on the hair or nails, honey has the property of strengthening their structure. Honey must be applied with a light massage, to make it penetrate sufficiently and thus benefit from all its nutrients. The break time is 15 minutes.
In addition, its sugar allows you to perform a gentle scrub around the nails, in order to eliminate unsightly cuticles. The honey to use must preferably be “organic” to preserve all its qualities and ensure optimal effectiveness of the treatment.
- “Organic” vegetable oils: Nails, like hair, love to be nourished and hydrated by vegetable oils rich in vitamins and minerals. Coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil and even argan oil are ideal for finding strong hair and strong nails.
These true beauty allies, thanks to their richness in fatty acids, have the virtue of limiting hair loss, strengthening nails, or even promoting their growth.
For this, the oil bath technique is highly recommended. Simply dip your fingers in a bowl of oil and gently massage the nails as well as the roots, lengths and ends of the hair. Then, it is advisable to wrap your hair in a warm towel so that it soaks up all the virtues of the oil.
It is also possible to add a few drops of essential oil to complement the action of the vegetable oil. For example, peppermint essential oil is perfect for activating hair growth.
Be careful, however, it is necessary to choose a 100% natural and preferably “organic” oil to guarantee excellent quality of treatment and fully benefit from the benefits of the oil on the hair and nails.
Treatment of beauty food supplements
Natural care alone is not enough to repair unhealthy hair and nails. It is necessary to strengthen them from the inside with a course of nutrient-rich beauty food supplements.
These beauty food supplements help to compensate for nutritional deficiencies or simply give a little boost to strengthen and accelerate the growth of hair and nails.
There are today a large number of beauty food supplements on the French market, rich in vitamins and trace elements essential for the health of hair and nails. They are intended to strengthen and promote the growth of hair and nails.
These include brewer's yeast, which exists as a food supplement, but also in the form of flakes. Brewer's yeast contains vitamin B, which helps with the synthesis of keratin and trace minerals like zinc, and helps keep hair and nails long and strong.
These food supplements are suitable for all hair types and are available in the form of capsules, capsules, tablets or gummies.
The “Hair” food supplement from Délicure
- Gummies rich in vitamins and trace elements: Délicure offers a “Hair” food supplement in the form of 100% vegan gummies, natural and made in France.
They are enriched with vitamins (vitamin B6, vitamin B8, vitamin B9, vitamin B12 and vitamin E) and trace elements (zinc and selenium) essential for the beauty of hair, nails and also the skin. In addition, they contain blueberry extract, known to promote microcirculation of the scalp, thus accelerating hair growth.
The combination of these vitamins and trace elements helps nourish hair and nails from the inside, stimulate their growth, limit breakage and prevent loss.
This set also participates in the production and synthesis of keratin, which is essential for preserving the structure and strength of hair and nails.
- Directions for use: Délicure “Glowing Hair” gummies are delicious wild berry flavored gummies that allow you to take care of your hair and nails while having fun. It is a food supplement that is more fun and easier to consume than capsules, capsules or tablets.
It is recommended to take the “Glowing Hair” food supplement for a minimum of two months to observe optimal results.
This natural food supplement does not cause side effects and is not dangerous for health. It should be consumed as part of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
However, pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as children are advised to consult their doctor before taking this food supplement.
In case of severely damaged hair and nails, it is best to consult a doctor or dermatologist who will prescribe adequate treatment.