What techniques to reduce stress?
Stress is today one of the main new widespread contemporary chronic health problems. Its factors are multiple and cures are now available to stop the phenomenon. However, many very simple techniques, to be applied on a daily basis, make it possible to limit symptoms, reduce stress levels, and find peace, calm and serenity. But, do you know them?
Physical exercises and their benefits
Currently, several exercises are appearing, all aimed at not letting yourself be overwhelmed by stress, at mastering it, stopping it, and taking a step back so as to be less stressed in general. They are just as many therapies whose aim is to learn to better manage one's stress, to reduce it, to confront it, until one is completely free from it, while being least medically assisted, and while remaining on natural relaxation techniques or physical activities .
* Walking: It is advisable to go out for a little walk, preferably in a green space, when it is neither too hot nor too cold. This will allow you to clear your head, clear your mind, secrete endorphins and therefore reduce stress hormones (cortisol). This phenomenon is called “involuntary attention”. This is a phase where one is attracted to objects that hold attention, while allowing the brain to think at the same time and therefore rest and stimulate itself each time.
* Breathing: It is essential to breathe well, because it is our oxygenation which will nourish, recharge, and regenerate our body energy. Certain alternative medicines or certain ancestral practices such as yoga, for example, are centered around particular respiratory practices, with breath then being considered as another “vital force”. Breathing exercises bring you to a feeling state where your body is already completely relaxed. In fact, the extra oxygenation will lead to a reduction in stress, by stimulating the reaction of the parasympathetic system in relation to the orthosympathetic system. It also reduces blood pressure.
* Visualization: It can be very relevant to visualize a comforting, calm, peaceful, quiet scene, in order to stimulate at the cerebral level what we call a “mental image”, which will give an impression and a feeling of relaxation and appeasement.
* Calmness of the living environment: It can be extremely beneficial to live in a healthy, safe, and above all calming environment. For example, you can add green plants to your living room, avoid any activity interacting with a screen, and move the screens as far away as possible or cover them with fabrics in the colors you like, for example. American studies have shown that entering a room filled with green plants causes a significant drop in blood pressure in any individual.
* Showing affection: Showing affection, proof of love or even just attachment allows the brain to relax and secrete endorphins. It has been proven by American studies that verbalizing one's feelings, declaring one's affection or love as frequently as possible, and particularly outside of intimate relationships, helps reduce stress and unconsciously soothe the mind. who is better able to sort things out after that. The same goes for kissing your partner frequently, outside of sexual intercourse.
The best anti-stress exercises!
In order to limit stress, deal with stressful situations, and know how to manage stress on a daily basis, several techniques can serve as remedies to manage and overcome it.
* Self-manipulate nerves and pressure points: Apply pressure to the space between the second and third joints of the fingers, which is actually the knuckles at the base of the index finger and middle finger. This will create a feeling of instant calm due to the fact that it activates a nerve which has the effect of relaxing the area near the heart, and rejecting any feelings of agitation, anxiety, or intense stress.
* Listen to relaxing music: Listen to music without words (classical music or jazz is the most effective), alone or with a silent animal, eyes closed, in a quiet place indoors, at room temperature, and slightly dark. This activity will slow your heart rate, lower your blood pressure and reduce stress hormones. In addition, the more you like music, the more your brain will secrete and diffuse neurohormones, including dopamine, and in some cases even adrenaline. This is, for example, what is implemented during certain major surgical operations. If you cannot listen in a quiet place, singing yourself (to yourself, in the shower, etc.) also helps to relax individuals in general, and even to fend off or avoid burnout. -out.
* The immediate intake technique: In the case of intense, unanticipated stress, and if you cannot apply the previous solutions, there are a few solutions left to limit the spread of stress before returning home. In an emergency, take a piece of gum and chew it intensely. Otherwise, eat or drink something sweet and quick to swallow, such as a glass of soda, or a piece of cake, pastry, etc.
* Alternate breathing: Start by blocking your left nostril with your ring finger, then exhale from your right nostril. Then inhale from the same nostril, close it with your thumb, then exhale from the left nostril. Start again by inhaling from the left nostril, close it with the ring finger then exhale from the right nostril. Repeat like this for one minute. Finish the exercise by exhaling slowly through both nostrils. It may take about one to two minutes to do it properly and deeply.
Nowadays, in addition to healthy living, many food supplements offer capsules to combat stress and prevent its appearance. They are all natural remedies (such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, homeopathy or even sophrology for example) for all forms of stress (chronic stress, stress at work, stress linked to a fleeting event, post-traumatic stress , stress linked to a medical problem, etc.).
Délicure offers in its range a perfectly indicated anti-stress supplement: Stress gummies”. This is a supplement which, like all the other ranges of the brand, is: made in France , gluten-free, 100% vegan, with delicious natural flavors, not tested on animals, and packaged in recyclable packaging! “No Stress” gummies are composed of an alloy of gaba, holy basil, rhodiola, saffron and vitamin B6, to protect the nervous system, reduce stress levels, and promote relaxation!